dfoww, Incorporated’s Board of Directors are committed to improving the lives of underprivileged, low income, minority individuals and communities here in Atlanta, Georgia. We believe that everyone should possess the necessary skills to effectively communicate.
Through our Write-Right literacy program, we teach online and community academic reading and writing workshops, free of charge to the public. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to learn to Write-Right. dfoww, Incorporated’s Write-Right Literacy Program is a 3.5 month virtual program. Below you will find a break down of how the program will be structured:
Adult literacy program must be 18 years of age and up, and a USA resident to register
Summer Semester: May 10, 2021 – August 12, 2021
Students must submit their application by the following dates:
- Registration begins March 22, 2021 and ends on May 6, 2021 at 5pm EST
The program meets Common Core State Standards and will prepare the participants for the Reasoning Through Language Arts Portion of the state GED test. The curriculum will cover:
- Parts of speech (nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs; articles, pronouns, prepositions, conjunctions)
- Sentence types and sentence structure
- Building vocabulary
- Reading literary text
- Reading informational text
- Foundations of writing/composition
- Thursday, August 12th, 2021 – Final exam
- Saturday, August 14th, 2021 – Graduation Date
Due to COVID-19 Pandemic our courses will be taught online until further notice. The program will be taught through our virtual online classroom by certified professional English instructors.