dfoww, Incorporated’s Board of Directors are committed to improving the lives of underprivileged, low income, minority individuals and communities here in Atlanta, Georgia. We believe that everyone should possess the necessary skills to effectively communicate.
Through our Write-Right literacy program, we teach online and community academic reading and writing workshops, free of charge to the public. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to learn to Write-Right. dfoww, Incorporated’s Write-Right Literacy program is a 6 month virtual program. Below you will find a break down of how the program will be structured:
Adult literacy program must be 18 years of age and up to register
Summer/Fall session: July 7th – January 7th
Winter/Spring session: February 8th – June 14th
Students must submit their application by the following dates:
- June 30, 2020 – Summer/Fall Session (Registration opens May 1, 2020)
- January 28, 2020 – Winder/Spring Session (Registration opens November 10, 2020)
- First 45 days of the program will cover the 8 parts of speech
- Next 40 days will cover the 14 punctuation marks in English
- Next 40 days will cover the 4 types of sentences in English/syntax
- Next 35 days will cover reading and building vocabulary
- The last 20 days will cover a complete review of everything that was taught through the literacy program.
- Final exam
- January 7, 2021 – Graduation Date
Due to COVID-19 Pandemic our courses will be taught online until further notice. The program will be taught through our virtual online classroom by certified professional English instructors.