Context Clues Worksheet
Fill in the Blank (8)
Directions: Fill in the blank with the correct meaning of the unknown underlined bold word for the sentence.
1. I did guffaw after watching a hilarious comedy.
cry smile laugh
2. The man was hapless, after spending a lot of money and not winning any money on 20 lottery scratch-off tickets.
unlucky silly upset
3. The child only slept 4 hours last night, and was groggy the next morning when he awoke.
awake alert sleepy
4. When you play hide-and-seek, you conceal where you are so no one can find you.
describe tell hide
5. The only flaw in her perfect skin was a big red pimple on her nose.
imperfection drawing perfection
6. It is an absolute falsehood that all girls like to wear dresses.
opinion lie idea
7. Nobody believed in my tale about the ant and the grasshopper.
joke cartoon story
We hope you enjoyed this reading and writing workshop.
Keep up to date with each of our free online writing workshops.
Follow us on Twitter @dfoww_edu
Follow us on Facebook @dfoww
Follow us on Instagram @dfoww_edu
Follow us on LinkedIn @dfoww
© Copyright 2021 dfoww, Incorporated
All Rights Reserved