Complete the following sentences
1. Brackets often contain ______ information.
2. Parentheses are different from brackets because they contain ______ information.
A. extremely important
C. non-essential and supplemental
3. Brackets are very commonly used in all forms of writing.
4. Punctuation, such as a comma or period, goes ______ the brackets.
5. Choose the answer most likely to be within the brackets of the following sentence:
A bystander said, “It [ ___ ] was so scary to see.”
A. [the kitten]
B. [the building]
C. [the monster]
D. [the grocery store]
6. Choose the answer most likely to be within the brackets of the following sentence:
Officer Thomas concluded the town hall meeting on DUIs with a succinct message: “Just don’t do it [ ].”
A.[because I said so]
B. [drink and drive]
7. Write three example sentences utilizing brackets.
All examples you give should be examples you come up with and not those provided in the workshop.
Please share your answers in the leave a reply section below (keep scrolling down). A member of our teaching staff will provide helpful feedback on the answers you provide below.
We hope you enjoyed this reading and writing workshop.
Keep up to date with each of our free online writing workshops.
Follow us on Twitter @dfoww_edu
Follow us on Facebook @dfoww
Follow us on Instagram @dfoww_edu
Follow us on LinkedIn @dfoww
© Copyright 2020 dfoww, Incorporated
All Rights Reserved