Complete the following sentences. Write your answers on a sheet of paper and then type your answers in the Leave a Reply/Leave a comment section below. In the comment section below, a member of our teaching staff will provide helpful feedback on the answers you provide.
- What is the difference between the exclamation point and exclamation mark punctuation?
- What are exclamation marks used for and when should they be used in a sentence?
- Is it ever grammatically correct to use an exclamation point at the beginning of a sentence? (Please explain your answer).
- Provide an example of a declarative sentence that includes an exclamation punctuation at the end of the sentence.
Questions 5 – 9 Multiple choice
- What are the terminal punctuation marks?
B. Question mark
D. Exclamation point
E. B, C and D
- Do not use exclamation punctuation in ___________ ____________.
A. Nonfiction writing
B. Creative writing
C. Academic writing
D. Both A and B
- When writing academically, rely on the use of ____________ , _____________ and ______________ for emphasis instead of using the exclamation punctuation.
A. Creative nouns
B. Lively adjectives
C. Strong verbs
E. Both C and D
- Exclamation punctuation may be used in _____________and ______________.
A. informal writing
B. academic writing
C. creative writing
D. expository writing
E. Both B and D
- Most interjections are followed by the ________________ punctuation mark.
C. Exclamation point
D. Question mark
E. Both B and C
- If a sentence begins with an interrogative word, is it ok to end the sentence with an exclamation punctuation? Please explain your answer.
What is the definition of terminal punctuation?
We hope you enjoyed this workshop!
Keep up to date with all of our free online writing workshops.
Follow us on Twitter @dfoww_edu
Follow us on Facebook @dfoww
Follow us on Instagram @dfoww_edu
© Copyright 2020 Daphany’s Free Online Writing Workshop Incorporated.
All Rights Reserved.