1. noisy and difficult to control
2. stubbornly resistant to control; unruly
3. boisterous, aggressive, defiant
If you say that someone is obstreperous, you think that they are noisy and difficult to control.
– Collins Dictionary
Part of Speech (POS)
Below are a few examples of how to use the word correctly in a sentence:
• The disgruntled employee obstreperously argued with his supervisor. (Simple Sentence).
• Jane loves to argue and her daughter is an obstreperous bully. (Compound Sentence).
• When my wife doesn’t take her medication she becomes obstreperous. (Simple Sentence)
• While at the theater, the attendees are required to be quiet and not obstreperous. (Complex Sentence).
• The defendant became angry and obstreperous because his lawyer didn’t defend him, nor console him during the trial. (Compound-Complex Sentence).
Other word forms of Obstreperous
1. obstreperously = adverb
2. obstreperousness = noun
1. On a sheet of paper, write three compound sentences using the word obstreperous.
2. On that same sheet of paper, write two compound sentence using one of the other word forms of obstreperous.
3. After you have completed this assignment, please type your written sentences in the Leave a Reply/Leave a Comment section below (keep scrolling down).
4. Please review The 4 Types of Sentences workshop in our Basic Rules of Grammar category.
In the comment section below, a member of our teaching staff will provide helpful feedback on the sentences you provide. If you have any questions related to this workshop, please feel free to post them below.
Writing Tip: Use the word during a conversation today. The more you familiarize yourself with this word by consistently incorporating it in your vocabulary and writing, the easier it will be to remember the word. Figuratively speaking; you’ll own the word.
We hope you enjoyed this workshop!
Keep up to date with all of our free online writing workshops.
Follow us on Twitter @dfoww_edu
Follow us on Facebook @dfoww
Follow us on Instagram @dfoww_edu
© Copyright 2020 Daphany’s Free Online Writing Workshop Incorporated.
All Rights Reserved.