Complete the following sentences. (Write your answers on a sheet of paper and then type your answers in the Leave a Reply/Leave a comment section below.) A member of our teaching staff will provide helpful feedback on the answers you provide and will answer any questions you have related to this workshop.
1. In writing, when are parentheses used?
2. Parentheses must always be used in?
3. When parentheses are used in the middle of a sentence, where do you place the punctuation and why?
4. Should punctuation marks ever be placed inside the parentheses? Please explain your answer and provide an example.
5. Should you ever capitalize any information contained in parentheses? Please explain your answer and provide an example.
6. If an entire sentence is parenthetical, where should you place the punctuation marks? Please give an example.
7. If a parenthetical phrase is part of a sentence, where should the punctuation marks be placed? Please provide an example.
8. Which of the following telephone numbers has been correctly punctuated using parentheses?
9. Which of the following telephone numbers has been correctly punctuated using parentheses?
10. Select the acronym correctly punctuated with parentheses.
A. NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization)
B. NATO (North Atlantic) Treaty Organization
C. (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) NATO
D. North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
11. Select the acronym correctly punctuated with parentheses.
A. Intersex Society of North America (ISNA)
B. (Intersex Society of North America) ISNA
C. Intersex Society of (North America) ISNA
D. Intersex (Society of North America ISNA)
We hope you enjoyed this workshop!
*Keep up to date with all of our Free online writing workshops.
Follow us on Twitter @dfoww_edu
Follow us on Facebook @dfoww
Follow us on Instagram @dfoww_edu
© Copyright 2019 Daphany’s Free Online Writing Workshop Incorporated.
All Rights Reserved.