1. honest; always truthful
2. speaking or representing the truth
3. honest and not telling or containing any lies
A veracious person is someone who always tells the truth. A veracious person is an individual who is brutally honest at all times.
The adjective veracious can be applied not just to people but also to things that are true or accurate, such as a veracious story or a veracious statement.
Part of Speech (POS)
Below are a few examples of how to use the word correctly in a sentence:
• The civil litigation attorney, veraciously defended his client against the farcical aspersions made by the plaintiff.
• Everyone needs at least one veracious friend who they can go to for advice.
• “Is Thomas a veracious guy?” asked Jennifer.
• Veraciousness is certainly not the norm among politicians in Washington, D.C. .
• Stephanie married Mike because he is a polite, veracious, and sincere gentleman.
• “My mother in law is a veracious, wise, old lady,” said Thelma.
• The veraciousness of the investigator’s report was thorough and factual.
Other word forms of veracious
1. veraciously = adverb
2. veraciousness = noun
1. On a sheet of paper, write a few simple sentences using the word veracious.
2. On that same sheet of paper, write a few simple sentences using one of the other word forms of veracious.
3. After you have completed this assignment, please type your written sentences in the leave a reply/ leave a comment section below (keep scrolling down).
A member of our teaching staff will provide helpful feedback, as it relates to syntax and sentence structure on the written sentences you provide in the comment section below.
Tip: Use the word during a conversation today. The more you familiarize yourself with this word, by consistently incorporating it in your vocabulary and writing, the easier it will be to remember the word. Figuratively speaking, you’ll own the word.
We hope you enjoyed this workshop!
*Keep up to date with all of our Free online writing workshops.
Follow us on Twitter @dfoww_edu
Follow us on Facebook @dfoww
© Copyright 2019 Daphany’s Free Online Writing Workshop.
All Rights Reserved.