1. lacking courage and resolution
2. timid, cowardly, or irresolute; fainthearted
3. weak and cowardly
You can describe someone who lacks courage as pusillanimous, such as a pusillanimous student who is too afraid to speak out against someone who is bullying others.
The pusillanimous person stays quiet, doesn’t get involved, waits for someone else to take a stand — not out of laziness, but out of fear.
Part of Speech (POS)
Below are a few sentence examples of the word being used correctly.
• During the late night thunderstorms, the pusillanimous boy, hid inside his bedroom closet.
• Donovan is a pusillanimous man, who is embarrassed to publicly admit to his Caucasian male friends that he is attracted to voluptuous, plus size, African American women.
• The pusillanimous soldier went AWOL, after receiving orders to join the front line.
• Despite hearing gunshots being fired from the school’s cafeteria; the pusillanimous security officer ran out of the school.
• Phillip recieved harsh criticism from his neighbors for behaving pusillanimously, and not protecting his wife during the home invasion.
• Thomas is a pusillanimous guy, who never seems to have anything to say, whenever confronted about false aspersions he initiates.
1. pusillanimously = adverb
Now it’s your turn, on a sheet of paper or in the comment section below, write a few sentences using the word pusillanimous. In addition, try writing a sentence using the adverb pusillanimously. Please feel free to pay it forward, by sharing your written sentences in the leave a reply section below (keep scrolling down).
A member of our teaching staff will provide helpful feedback, as it relates to syntax and sentence structure on the written sentences you provide in the comment section below.
Tip: Use the word during a conversation today. The more you familiarize yourself with this word, by consistently incorporating it in your vocabulary and writing, the easier it will be to remember the word. Figuratively speaking, you’ll own the word.
We hope you enjoyed this workshop!
*Keep up to date with all of our Free online writing workshops.
Follow us on Twitter @dfoww_edu
Follow us on Facebook @dfoww
© Copyright 2019 Daphany’s Free Online Writing Workshop.
All Rights Reserved.