1. behaving, done, or made in a cautious and surreptitious manner, so as not to be seen or heard
2. movement that is quiet and careful in order to avoid notice
Use the adjective stealthy to describe something or someone that is marked by secrecy, even sneakiness.
– Vocabulary Dictionary
Part of Speech (POS)
Below are a few sentence examples of the word being used correctly:
• Arriving late for the movie premier, Robin walked stealthily in the movie theater so she wouldn’t disturb anyone.
• While the students cheered their high school’s football team touchdown play, Jonathan stealthily handed Jessica a love letter.
• Stealthiness is an important attribute, if you want to become a professional FBI agent.
• Despite the shoplifter being stealthy, the store’s undercover loss prevention officer exposed his criminal act to the local authorities.
• Stanley is a stealthy guy who’s good at hiding his misdeeds.
1. stealthily = adverb
2. stealthiness = noun
Comparative Superlative Adjectives
• stealthy = adjective
• stealthier = comparative
• stealthiest = superlative
For more information on comparative and superlative adjectives please review our adjectives writing workshop. You’ll find a search box at the bottom of this page (keep scrolling down). Type in key words basic rules of grammar adjectives and then click enter.
Now it’s your turn, on a sheet of paper or in the comment section below, write a few sentences using the word stealthy. In addition, try writing a sentence using one of the different word forms for stealthy. Please feel free to pay it forward, by sharing your sentences in the leave a reply section below (keep scrolling down).
A member of our teaching staff will provide helpful feedback on the answers you provide in the comment section below.
Tip: Use the word during a conversation today. The more you familiarize yourself with this word, by consistently incorporating it in your vocabulary and writing, the easier it will be to remember the word. Figuratively speaking, you’ll own the word.
We hope you enjoyed this workshop!
*Keep up to date with all of our Free online writing workshops.
Follow us on Twitter @dfoww_edu
Follow us on Facebook @dfoww
© Copyright 2019 Daphany’s Free Online Writing Workshop.
All Rights Reserved.
2 thoughts on “Stealthy”
The thief moved stealthily throughout the house.
The child removed the cookie from the jar with such stealthiness.
Awesome job Rashona!