1. dirty and disheveled
2. messy and filthy
3. left wet and limp by or as if by rain
Someone or something that is bedraggled looks messy because they have got wet or dirty.
Part of Speech (POS)
Below are a few examples of the word being used correctly in a sentence .
• The disheveled, bedraggled salesman appeared discombobulated.
• Dorothy kept nagging her husband to clean his bedraggled man cave.
• After playing football in the cold rain, the bedraggled children were eager to take a warm shower and have lunch.
• Johnnie’s car is always bedraggled and filled with garbage.
• Betty acceded to her husband’s request, and cleaned the interior of her bedraggled car.
Now it’s your turn, on a sheet of paper or in the comment section below, write a few sentences using the word: bedraggled. Please feel free to pay it forward, by sharing your sentences in the comment section below.
Tip: Use the word during a conversation today. The more you familiarize yourself with this word, by consistently incorporating it in your vocabulary and writing, the easier it will be to remember the word. Figuratively speaking, you’ll own the word.
Keep up to date with all of our free online writing workshops.
Follow us on Twitter @dfoww_edu
Follow us on Facebook @dfoww
Follow us on Instagram @dfoww_edu
© Copyright 2019 Daphany’s Free Online Writing Workshop Incorporated.