Daphany’s Free Online Writing Workshop
1. disappointed by someone or something previously respected or admired; disillusioned
2. let down or disappointed
Parts of Speech (POS)
I’ll use it in a sentence:
● Because the perfidious, pugnacious, police officer was acquitted of all charges; Pam is now disenchanted by the Justice system.*
● Michael was disenchanted, after learning his football coach, had been arrested for shoplifting.
● During the robbery at his home, Chris was petrified and disenchanted that his professionally trained guard dog, didn’t protect him.
● Benjamin and Luke, exited the concert apoplectic and disenchanted by the vapid performances, performed by the music artist.**
● The customers were all disenchanted, by the store manager’s insensitive, reckless, incendiary comments, towards his immigrant employees.
**DFOWW will cover a presentation on the word: vapid, sometime next.
*This sentence contains alliteration. Please review DFOWW Basic Rules of Grammar – Alliteration. Next on a sheet of paper or in the comment section below, answer the following questions:
1. What is alliteration?
2. Why do writers use alliteration?
3. Should every word in a sentence be alliterative?
4. Do words have to start with the same letter to be alliterative?
Next, on a sheet of paper or in the comment section below, write a few sentences, using the word: disenchanted.
Tip: Use the word during a conversation today. The more you familiarize yourself with this word, by consistently incorporating it in your vocabulary and writing, the easier it will be to remember the word. Figuratively speaking, you’ll own the word.
Our website is currently under construction. We apologize for any inconvenience.
DFOWW logo coming soon!
DFOWW online store will be available soon!
DFOWW official Facebook and Twitter page coming soon!
DFOWW will be introducing our board of directors, and our staff members soon.
DFOWW is a nonprofit organization and we are always looking for volunteers who can donate their expertise, time and talent, in an effort to help us further our mission.
Follow us on Twitter @DaphanyDuBois1