Daphany’s Free Online Writing Workshop
1. the disgrace incurred by conduct considered outrageously shameful
2. contempt; reproach
Part of Speech (POS)
I’ll use it in a sentence:
● Jacob’s behavior at his brother’s wedding, was inappropriate, but not opprobrium.
● The police officer was fired, after recorded video of his abusive, opprobrium conduct toward his wife, was revealed to the police chief.
● Until society at large becomes educated on intersex biological variations, intersex people will continue to be viewed as opprobrium.
● The Catholic Priests who sexually assaulted and molested those children, are ignominious and their actions were an opprobrium.
● Kevin’s opprobrium of his wife’s rapid weight gain, was insensitive and unkind.
● Because of the overwhelming criminal evidence, against R&B singer R.kelly, the public’s opprobrium, of Mr. Kelly, appears to be justified.
Next, on a sheet of paper or in the comment section below, write a few sentences, using the word: opprobrium.
Tip: Use the word during a conversation today. The more you familiarize yourself with this word, by consistently incorporating it in your vocabulary and writing, the easier it will be to remember the word. Figuratively speaking, you’ll own the word.
Our website is currently under construction. We apologize for any inconvenience.
*DFOWW logo coming soon!
*DFOWW online store will be available soon!
*DFOWW official Facebook and Twitter page coming soon!
*DFOWW will be introducing our board of directors, and our staff members soon.
Follow us on Twitter @DaphanyDuBois1