Daphany’s Free Online Writing Workshop
Definition: someone or something that is mysterious and difficult to understand
I’ll use it in a sentence:
● Because Giselle was prepossessing and viewed as an enigma by many of her classmates, Jarvis was intrigued and wanted to take her out on a date.*
● The old man was an enigma, who frightened all the young children in the neighborhood.
● Despite Justin being a colleague of mine, he remains an engima, and I’m always confound by his opinions.**
● The lack of education, about intersex medical conditions, has resulted in society’s erroneous ideologies, that those born intersex, are an enigma and ignominious.
● After years of reading the bible and cogitating on its message, I discovered the bible is not an enigma.
*Prepossessing = adjective
When writing or speaking, replace the word beautiful, with prepossessing.
**DFOWW will do a presentation on the word (confound) sometime next month in June, 2019.
Next, on a sheet of paper or in the comment section below, write a few sentences, using the word: engima.
Tip: Use the word during a conversation today. The more you familiarize yourself with this word, by consistently incorporating it in your vocabulary and writing, the easier it will be to remember the word. Figuratively speaking, you’ll own the word.
Follow us on Twitter @DaphanyDuBois1