Daphany’s Free Online Writing Workshop
Definition: a natural liking or attraction for someone or something
I’ll use it in a sentence:
● Tanisha has an affinity for swarthy, prepossessing, tall men.
● As a writer and logophile, I have an affinity to learn new words daily.
● Although Jason’s personality, is the total opposite of mine; I have a romantic affinity for him.
● Dispite his affectations and hard core persona, Jerome’s affinity to help the injured puppy was heartwarming.
● Because my nephew Quan, has a natural affinity to fish; he spends most of his free time pole fishing, down at the river.
Next, on a sheet of paper or in the comment section below, write a few sentences, using the word: affinity.
Tip: Use the word during a conversation today. The more you familiarize yourself with this word, by consistently incorporating it in your vocabulary and writing, the easier it will be to remember the word. Figuratively speaking, you’ll own the word.
Follow us on Twitter @DaphanyDuBois1