Daphany’s Free Online Writing Workshop
1. publicly criticize (someone or something) by using ridicule, irony, or sarcasm
2. a written attack or other work ridiculing a person, group, or institution
I’ll use it in a sentence:
● Even though Keisha’s baby daddy, is a deadbeat dad, she refuses to lampoon him to others.
● The citizens of North Korea, are fully aware of the savage consequences, they will face, if they dare lampoon their country’s dictator, Kim Jong-un.
● People that are born intersex, shouldn’t be lampooned or viewed in a pejorative way, simply because they were born with an intersex biological variation.
● Nowadays, comedians are always looking for ways to lampoon politicians, in a jocose way.
● Dorian Smith, the city’s former mayor, decided to lampoon, the current mayor’s administration, in an op-ed he wrote for the local newspaper.
Next, on a sheet of paper or in the comment section below, write a few sentences, using the word: lampoon.
Tip: Use the word during a conversation today. The more you familiarize yourself with this word, by consistently incorporating it in your vocabulary and writing, the easier it will be to remember the word. Figuratively speaking, you’ll own the word.
Follow us on Twitter @DaphanyDuBois1