Daphany’s Free Online Writing Workshop
1. removed or distant either physically or emotionally; not friendly or forthcoming
2. not interested or involved, usually because you do not approve of what is happening
I’ll use it in a sentence:
● The leading actor was written off the show primarily because; he was aloof and didn’t get along with the other cast members.
● Because Nancy’s nosey, next door neighbors discovered she was born intersex; they were aloof and declined every summer BBQ, Nancy and her husband invited them to.
● No one wants to be around someone who is aloof or disingenuous.
● Instead of being genial and mingling with her classmates at the zoo, Donna was aloof and standoffish.
● After getting to know Seth, I discovered that he wasn’t aloof, as many people claimed, instead, he suffered from a diagnosed personality disorder.
Which of the above sentences contains alliteration? Please explain your answer in the comment section below.
Next, on a sheet of paper or in the comment section below, write a few sentences, using the word: Aloof.
Tip: Use the word during a conversation today. The more you familiarize yourself with this word, by consistently incorporating it in your vocabulary and writing, the easier it will be to remember the word. Figuratively speaking, you’ll own the word.
Follow us on Twitter @DaphanyDuBois1