Definition: showing hard work and care that is brought about by attention to detail
I’ll use it in a sentence:
• Pamela’s scrupulous, assiduous report on intersex biological variations, proved to be both thorough and informative.
• The assiduous team of detectives solved the murder mystery death of a local young basketball player.
• Because Sarah was assiduous, meticulous and methodical while preparing her dish for the cooking show competition; she took home the winner trophy.
• For many years Justin assiduously worked as a police officer until he retired last month.
• Daily Dana assiduously reads the bible in an effort to better understand God and his will for all mankind.*
* Daily Dana = an example of alliteration.
Please review the Basic Rules of Grammar – Alliteration Workshop.
Next, on a sheet of paper or in the comment section below, write a few sentences using the word: assiduous.
Tip: Use the word during a conversation today. The more you familiarize yourself with this word, by consistently incorporating it in your vocabulary and writing, the easier it will be to remember the word. Figuratively speaking, you’ll own the word.
We hope you enjoyed this workshop!
Follow us on Twitter @dfoww_edu
Follow us on Facebook @dfoww
Follow us on Instagram @dfoww_edu