Daphany’s Free Online Writing Workshop
Definition: able to judge quickly and correctly what people and situations are really like
I’ll use it in a sentence:
● Although the judge is a perspicacious woman, this particular case, left her discombobulated.*
● Because Mark is perspicacious, he was able to avoid the heartache, of dating the gold digger Bethany.
● The perspicacious police officer, quickly identified the alleged perpetrators and questioned the two of them.
● Rachel and Fred’s perspicacious marriage counselor, was able to ascertain the source of the couples marital woes, within just minutes, of their counseling session.
● Yesterday, the neighborhood’s perspicacious patriarch, passed away from the pneumonia.
*Every sentence must contain a subject and a predicate. In this sentence, what is the subject and what is the predicate. Please provide and explain your answer, in the comment section below.
Next, on a sheet of paper or in the comment section below, write a few sentences, using the word: perspicacious.
Tip: Use the word during a conversation today. The more you familiarize yourself with this word, by consistently incorporating it in your vocabulary and writing, the easier it will be to remember the word. Figuratively speaking, you’ll own the word.