Definition: able to judge quickly and correctly what people and situations are really like
Part of Speech (POS)
I’ll use it in a sentence:
• Although the judge is a perspicacious woman; this particular case, left her discombobulated.*
• Because Mark is perspicacious, he was able to avoid the heartache of dating the gold digger Bethany.
• The perspicacious police officer, quickly identified the alleged perpetrators and questioned the two of them.
• Rachel and Fred’s perspicacious marriage counselor, ascertained the source of the couples marital woes within just minutes of their counseling session.
• Yesterday, the neighborhood’s perspicacious patriarch, passed away from the pneumonia.**
• The perspicaciousness of the jurors, ultimately lead to the defendant’s guilty verdict.
• The psychiatrist perspicaciously reviewed all of the patient’s mental health records.
*Every sentence must contain a subject and a predicate. In this sentence, what is the subject and what is the predicate. Please provide and explain your answer in the leave a reply/ comment section below.
** The phrase verb passed away is an example of a euphemism. A euphemism is a mild or indirect word or expression substituted for one considered to be too harsh or blunt when referring to something unpleasant or embarrassing.
Other word forms of perspicacious
1. perspicaciously = adverb
2. perspicaciousness = noun
1. On a sheet of paper, write a few simple sentences using the word perspicacious.
2. On that same sheet of paper, write a few simple sentences using one of the other word forms of perspicacious.
3. After you have completed this assignment, please type your written sentences in the leave a reply/ leave a comment section below (keep scrolling down).
A member of our teaching staff will provide helpful feedback, as it relates to syntax and sentence structure on the written sentences you provide in the comment section below.
Tip: Use the word during a conversation today. The more you familiarize yourself with this word, by consistently incorporating it in your vocabulary and writing, the easier it will be to remember the word. Figuratively speaking, you’ll own the word.
We hope you enjoyed this workshop!
*Keep up to date with all of our Free online writing workshops.
Follow us on Twitter @dfoww_edu
Follow us on Facebook @dfoww
© Copyright 2019 Daphany’s Free Online Writing Workshop.
All Rights Reserved.