Daphany’s Free Online Writing Workshop
- Something or someone that one vehemently dislikes.
- Someone who is cursed or shunned.
I’ll use it in a sentence:
● Tequila hates the smell and taste of pork chitterlings, and views them as an anathema.
● The predatory behavior, commited by some Catholic priests against young children; are considered an anathema by the church members and society at large.
● Because many of the parents, view caging animals as cruel and an anathema, Mrs. Brown, the elementary school principal; canceled the third graders field trip to the local zoo.
● Until society at large becomes educated on intersex biological variations, those born intersex, will continue to be regarded as an anathema within their communities.
● Many vegans and vegetarians, consider eating meat as an anathema.
- Now it’s your turn, on a sheet of paper, or in the comment section below, write a sentence using the word: anathema.
- Tip : Use the word during a conversation today. The more you familiarize yourself with this word, by consistently incorporating it in your vocabulary and writing, the easier it will be to remember the word. Figuratively speaking, you’ll own the word.