Daphany’s Free Online Writing Workshop
1. Juvenile, immature, and lacking good judgement.
2. Conceited and overconfident of knowledge but poorly informed.
I’ll use it in a sentence:
● The Judge was outraged by the defendant’s sophomoric humor, while being questioned by the prosecutor.
● The Acting United States Attorney General, Matthew Whitaker’s, testimony before Congress, was sophomoric and contemptuous.
● Tiffany was really into Jessie, until she witnessed his sophomoric behavior, with his friends at the mall.
● It’s pointless to try and have an intelligent conversation, with people who remain obdurate and sophomoric; as it relates to the legitimacy, of intersex biological variations.
* Now it’s your turn, on a sheet of paper or in the comment section below, write a few sentences, using the word: sophomoric.
* Tip : Use the word during a conversation today. The more you familiarize yourself with this word, by consistently incorporating it in your vocabulary and writing, the easier it will be to remember the word. Figuratively speaking, you’ll own the word.