Daphany’s Free Online Writing Workshop
Definition: to be or become weak or dull; lose strength or vigor; fail to make progress or be successful.
I’ll use it in a sentence:
● Carla decided not to languish in her current job, instead, she sought a new, advantageous career.
● Tiffany was determined not to languish, in an emotionally abusive relationship; so she legally, separated from her husband.
● I’d rather relax indoors, than languish in the scorching sun, outdoors.
● Instead of languishing, the plants and animals that live in the Arabian desert; have learned how to adapt to the extreme heat.
● The perfidious, guilty criminal, languished in prison for twenty years.
* Now it’s your turn, on a sheet of paper or in the comment section below, write a few sentences, using the word: languish.
* Tip : Use the word during a conversation today. The more you familiarize yourself with this word, by consistently incorporating it in your vocabulary and writing, the easier it will be to remember the word. Figuratively speaking, you’ll own the word.
* You can follow DFOWW on Twitter @Daphany DuBois1