Daphany’s Free Online Writing Workshop
Definition: demonstrating aggression and willingness to fight.
I’ll use it in a sentence:
● Because of Hector’s pugnacious, bellicose behavior at the mall; he was arrested by police for disorderly conduct.
● I’d rather surround myself with convivial people than bellicose fools.
● Everyone avoided Justin at work because of his bellicose personality.
● Nowadays, if you disagree with someone, or have a different opinion on any particular subject; you have to worry about bellicose people, who may try to bully you, for thinking differently.
● It’s a sign of maturity, when you can let things go, instead of holding on to grudges and being bellicose.
- Now it’s your turn, on a sheet of paper or in the comment section below, write a few sentences, using the word: bellicose.
- Tip : Use the word during a conversation today. The more you familiarize yourself with this word, by consistently incorporating it in your vocabulary and writing, the easier it will be to remember the word. Figuratively speaking, you’ll own the word.
- You can follow DFOWW on Twitter @DaphanyDuBois1